The dinosaur extinction has many theories including a meteor hitting the earth, climate change, disease, and a super volcano. Will the Crosstour have theories on why it became extinct or will it be yet again another Honda success story???
I am a fan of Honda. I shouldn’t even say fan, more like a loyal minion who has given ten years of his life to a company that in my eyes is the greenest, coolest, and most ahead of the curve car company out there. So why do I feel the Crosstour may become extinct? Although some of Honda’s latest ventures have not been super hits, they have not been super duds either. The success can be seen in the introduction of the Honda Fit to the North American continent.
Oh how we can be so wrong even being in the industry!! So years ago when the Fit was being introduced my crew looked on as Toyota brought out the beautiful Avalon. We watched with dismay because all we had was the silly little Honda Fit on our side of the Autoshow. Well needless to say , that that was the day Honda proved why they are awesome. You see the Honda fit sales grew for the next years exponentially, while the Avalon last I heard will be no more. So why does this matter now?
Well I felt stronger then about the Fits demise then I do now about the Crosstour. Why does the Crosstour feel like it might not do as well comes down to the limited quantity of Crosstour buyers. How many people would want a Crosstour to how many people may want a Fit??
I have the feeling that the Crosstour will find a niche market that will bring in a new kind of buyer to Honda. Surprisingly after some research I discovered that the Crosstour is expected to be close to 80% male buyer. This is unusual considering that the majority of Honda buyers are female. The appearance and functionality that is delivered by the Crosstour is unmatched by the competition. This vehicle is high up and drives fantastic. With its sports like feel, awesome drivetrain, great performance, and the versatility that this vehicle produces, it is surely to find some lovers. In the end, even though the Crosstour has had a rocky introduction starting with that facebook debacle, I think it will catch on and will find its niche market in the male market.
I will get one this coming month and elaborate on peoples face to face reaction to the vehicle.
No comments:
Post a Comment